Alaska Inside Passage Cruise (2022)
July 24–31, 2022
CR Dentistry Update & Office Manager Course
"I have been attending Dr. Gordon's updates since 1986 and have thoroughly enjoyed including my four children. They look forward to joining me since they know their summer vacation will always be in a fun-filled place for them. Thank you for all your wisdom, knowledge, and priceless memories for my children." (Dr. T. C.)
*Participation in the course requires reserving your cabin with our travel department CRcruise.com.
The most trusted, fast paced, comprehensive dental continuing education course available!
This Dentistry Update course features all new course material for 2022 with the most important, useful, and potentially influential advancements available in all areas of dentistry. 20–25 topics will be covered. The following are potential topics depending on audience suggestions and preferences.
- Laser curing lights—are they better than LED?
- Keeping your team excited and productive with expanded clinical functions
- New techniques for pulp capping
- Radiographic sensors are getting better
- How to reduce local anesthetic misses
- Obtaining more patients
- Diagnosing and treating the cracked tooth syndrome
- Treating tooth resorption
- What are screwmentable crowns?
- Causes and prevention of implant failure
- Tooth removal and grafting
- Can aerosols be reduced or eliminated?
- Great substitutes for rubber dam
- Desensitizing teeth
- What is the future for private practice?
- The best crowns for 2022
- Are scanners better than conventional impressions?
- Do all endo treated teeth need posts and cores?
- Is resin cement better than resin-modified glass ionomer?
- Is dental sleep medicine for you?
- Why do mandibular “flange dentures” stay in place?
- Preventive restorative materials and techniques
- And more!
Earn 14 CE credits. At the completion of this course, attendees should be able to identify the best new materials and techniques for 2022; determine which products and techniques presented in the course meet individual practice needs; and integrate the new concepts into practice.
The CR “Dentistry Update” course includes at least 25 diverse topics each year. The cutting edge information presented makes this course an annual “must attend” event!
CR Foundation is an ADA CERP recognized provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. CR Foundation designates this activity for 14 CE credits.
For information on our cancelation and refund policies, please see CR's Terms and Conditions.
Reservations Closing Soon!
July 24–31, 2022
Join Gordon for a 7-Night Alaska Inside Passage Cruise (14 CEs):
Round-trip from Seattle, Washington
Onboard Holland America Line's Westerdam*
Two Steps Required to Attend
1. CRUISE RESERVATION: Contact CR Cruise Department at 855-522-2580. See www.CRcruise.com for cabin and cruise details.
2. DENTISTRY UPDATE REGISTRATION: Contact CR at 888-334-3200 or register on the online form above.
Please note: Registration for the cruise and the course are two separate transactions.
Your health and safety are important to us. We will abide by all local and federal health guidelines in effect at the time of the cruise.
Holland America: Travel Well
CRUISE ITINERARY: Departs from Seattle, WA, with port stops in Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria BC with scenic cruising at Hubbard Glacier. (Subject to change without notice.)
|1||Sun., July 24||Seattle, WA||4:00 PM|
|2||Mon., July 25||At Sea|
|3||Tues., July 26||Juneau, AK||1:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|4||Wed., July 27||Hubbard Glacier||2:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|5||Thurs., July 28||Sitka, AK||8:00 AM||4:00 PM|
|6||Fri., July 29||Ketchikan, AK||7:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|7||Sat., July 30||Victoria, BC||6:00 PM||11:30 PM|
|8||Sun., July 31||Seattle, WA||7:00 AM|
For more information and cabin pricing, see www.CRcruise.com.
COURSE SCHEDULE: Dentistry Update and Office Manager sessions are held in the mornings while the ship is "at sea" allowing attendees to participate in shore excursions and enjoy the ports of call.
|Sun., July 24||Meet & Greet, 5:00 p.m.|
|Mon., July 25||7:30–11:30 a.m.|
|Tues., July 26||7:30–11:30 a.m.|
|Wed., July 27||7:30–11:30 a.m.|
* Because of changes to Holland America’s deployment schedule, the CR Dentistry Update Alaska Cruise will now be held on the Westerdam rather than the originally scheduled Oosterdam. Both Oosterdam and Westerdam are Vista-Class ships featuring the same signature Holland America Line amenities.
CR DENTISTRY UPDATE:
Presenter: Dr. Gordon J. Christensen
We are continually told that just one day with Gordon will make your entire year more rewarding! Don't miss this opportunity to learn what is faster, easier, better, and more profitable in dentistry!
Many things have changed in Dentistry! Are you part of the mini-implant explosion? Are you up to date on the Zirconia-Crown revolution? These and an additional 25 topics will be provided in a "learn today, use tomorrow" course presented by Dr. Gordon Christensen.
Your entire team will benefit from this informative and entertaining course! The team will learn the latest trends, proven techniques, materials, devices, and new concepts.
Staff may attend the "Dentistry Update" or the concurrent Office Manager course
CR is pleased to announce our guest presenter: Lois Banta
Lois Banta, CEO of Banta Consulting, Inc. has been involved in dentistry for more than 30 years. With extraordinary insight into the dynamics that make a practice successful, Lois delivers her message with enthusiasm and heartfelt conviction.
Lois’ presentations offer proven techniques to boost revenue, decrease stress, and build a positive atmosphere where employees love their jobs and patients look forward to visits.
14 CEs. Topics include:
- 10 Top Management Tools For a Successful Practice
- Anatomy of a Team…A Recipe for Success
- Playing the Insurance, Collections, and Accounts Receivable Game…your Way!
- High Impact Communication: Words to Use…Words to Lose
- Surviving vs. Thriving: A guide to Lower Stress in Your Practice
*The listed presenters are committed to attending the event; however, we cannot guarantee that illness, emergencies, or other unforeseen conflicts will not interfere with this schedule.*