Alaska Inside Passage Cruise (2021)
July 11–18, 2021
CR Dentistry Update & Office Manager Course
"I have been attending Dr. Gordon's updates since 1986 and have thoroughly enjoyed including my four children. They look forward to joining me since they know their summer vacation will always be in a fun-filled place for them. Thank you for all your wisdom, knowledge, and priceless memories for my children." (Dr. T. C.)
*Participation in the course requires reserving your cabin with our travel department CRcruise.com.
Health and Safety
We are excited to cruise with you in Alaska! Your health and safety are important to us.
- We will abide by all applicable health guidelines.
- The Holland America Line is working directly with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to implement best practices, from enhanced screening prior to embarkation to additional sanitation measures on board. Learn More
The most trusted, fast paced, comprehensive dental continuing education course available!
This Dentistry Update course features all new course material for 2021 with the most important, useful, and potentially influential advancements available in all areas of dentistry. 20–25 topics will be covered. Example topics include:
- How do you best diagnose and treat a cracked tooth?
- Which PPE concepts will remain after COVID-19?
- Which is the best brand of single-color composite?
- Which type of crown is best and how to cement it?
- Should edentulous patients be treated with fixed or removable prostheses?
- What are major reasons for implant failure and how to avoid them?
- What is the most adequate antibiotic for most oral uses and what dosage?
- Are phosphor plate radiographic sensors better than CMOS sensors?
- When is endo better than pulp capping? What materials work best?
- Are resin cements better than resin-modified glass ionomer?
- What are the advantages and best uses for lasers?
- Which cone beam type is best for your office?
- Which bone grafting material should be used and when?
- Have glass ionomer materials improved? Which one should you use?
- Which type of cariostatic restorative material is best, and how and when do you use it?
- Should you be using pulse oximeters more?
- Are bulk-filling composites working well? Which brands?
- Are aerosols really dangerous? How do you avoid them?
- Plus other highly relevant topics!
Earn 14 CE credits. At the completion of this course, attendees should be able to identify the best new materials and techniques for 2021; determine which products and techniques presented in the course meet individual practice needs; and integrate the new concepts into practice.
The CR “Dentistry Update” course includes at least 25 diverse topics each year. The cutting edge information presented makes this course an annual “must attend” event!
CR Foundation is an ADA CERP recognized provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. CR Foundation designates this activity for 14 CE credits.
For information on our cancelation and refund policies, please see CR's Terms and Conditions.
Join Gordon for a 7-Night Alaska Inside Passage Cruise (14 CEs):
JULY 11–18, 2021
Round-trip from Seattle, Washington
Onboard Holland America Line's Oosterdam
REDUCED OCCUPANCY! Because of the pandemic, Holland America has reduced the total occupancy on board the Oosterdam to allow for social distancing and to meet health department guidelines. Reserve your space now!
Holland America: Travel Well
* CRUISE ITINERARY: Departs from Seattle, WA, with port stops in Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Victoria BC with scenic cruising at Hubbard Glacier. (Subject to change without notice.)
|1||Sun., July 11||Seattle, WA||4:00 PM|
|2||Mon., July 12||At Sea|
|3||Tues., July 13||Juneau, AK||1:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|4||Wed., July 14||Hubbard Glacier||2:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|5||Thurs., July 15||Sitka, AK||8:00 AM||4:00 PM|
|6||Fri., July 16||Ketchikan, AK||7:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|7||Sat., July 17||Victoria, BC||6:00 PM||11:30 PM|
|8||Sun., July 18||Seattle, WA||7:00 AM|
For more information and cabin pricing, see www.CRcruise.com.
* COURSE SCHEDULE: Dentistry Update and Office Manager sessions are held in the mornings while the ship is "at sea" allowing attendees to participate in shore excursions and enjoy the ports of call.
|Sun., July 11||Meet & Greet, 5:00 p.m.|
|Mon., July 12||7:15–10:15 a.m.|
|Tues., July 13||7:15–10:15 a.m.|
|Wed., July 14||7:15–10:15 a.m.|
|Sat., July 17||7:15–10:15 a.m.|
Two steps required to participate:
1. CRUISE RESERVATION: Contact CR Cruise Department at 800-267-0041. See www.CRcruise.com for cabin and cruise details.
2. DENTISTRY UPDATE REGISTRATION: Contact CR at 888-334-3200 or register on the online form above.
Please note: Registration for the cruise and the course are two separate transactions.
CR DENTISTRY UPDATE:
Presenter: Dr. Gordon J. Christensen
We are continually told that just one day with Gordon will make your entire year more rewarding! Don't miss this opportunity to learn what is faster, easier, better, and more profitable in dentistry!
Many things have changed in Dentistry! Are you part of the mini-implant explosion? Are you up to date on the Zirconia-Crown revolution? These and an additional 25 topics will be provided in a "learn today, use tomorrow" course presented by Dr. Gordon Christensen.
Your entire team will benefit from this informative and entertaining course! The team will learn the latest trends, proven techniques, materials, devices, and new concepts.
Staff may attend the "Dentistry Update" or the concurrent Office Manager course
CR is pleased to announce our guest presenter: Katherine Eitel-Belt
Katherine Eitel-Belt is an international speaker and communication coach. She is best known for her innovative approach to creating extraordinary non-scripted communication skills for leaders, managers, and teams.
Katherine is founder of Lioness Learning, a revolutionary training company providing customized in-house training for team cohesiveness, client service, and goal achievement. With over 25 years experience as a chairside assistant, treatment coordinator, marketing director, and practice management coach, her revolutionary communications training programs have helped hundreds of practices and small businesses throw out their old tired scripts and access instinctive greatness improving marketing results, organizational systems, client service, and verbal skills.
Katherine's presentations empower individuals to lead instinctively from wherever they are. Using humor, tenderness, and poignant examples, these workshops will touch the hearts, minds, and souls of attendees and leave them roaring for more.
*The listed presenters are committed to attending the event; however, we cannot guarantee that illness, emergencies, or other unforeseen conflicts will not interfere with this schedule.*